Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Calling

So Collin and I got new callings, Collin will be teaching the 14-15 year old Sunday school and I will be activity chairperson.
We knew we were going to get callings and we knew they needed a lot of different things. They took us in together and gave Collin his first. He said he was "fist pumping" in his head because he knew he could do that calling. Then the councelor turned to me and said "activity chairperson"
I looked him dead in the eyes and said "like a person on the committee?"
"No, like THEE person."
"oh.... okay."
Am I the only one who thinks that that calling should go to someone who is ... older? Like a mom, who stays home ... you know an adult. CRAP!!! When did that happen? We will see how I do, they have an activity every month here, so I have my work cut out for me.

8 comments:

Holly said...

You will do amazing at your calling, Michelle. You are such a fun person to be around and you have a ton of good ideas. They are lucky to have you!

grandma blair said...

You both will do great, just ask a lot of people to help with things, it is no fun to do it alone, but it will work. I know you will have some fun ideas. good luck.

Cindy said...

You'll do great Michelle. That actually sounds like a fun calling. Maybe you can ask for a committee to help you carry things out?

Mom B said...

It will be a fun way to get to know everyone! You will both be great at your callings!

Ann said...

Michelle,
THIS IS THE PERFECT CALLING FOR YOU!!!!

Max said...

If that is the manual, Preparing for Exaltation, it should be course 12 or course 13. That means teaching 12 turning 13 and 13 turning 14. They are the only regular classes that don't have the same lesson as adult. I teach course 13 and think it is the best calling I've ever had! I really love the kids! It is a great course!
Dad

Michelle said...

You guys all have alot more faith in me than I do. Well wish me luck!

Le said...

You'll do great! And after this planning a dinner for 100 people will be nothing. My only advice is learn to delgate (I didn't for a long time and it sucked)
Collin will also do a great job at his calling.