Monday, October 27, 2008

Book Review

This weekend I finally picked "the host" back up. I bought this book the week that it came out and was super excited to read it. For some reason near the beginning I got bored, so I put it down. I am happy I picked it back up. I enjoyed reading it this weekend, and like the other books that Stephanie Myer has written once I got into it I didn't put it down... well I did put it down because every time I tried to read it when Delilah was awake she tried to take it from my hands, she has a weird fascination with paper lately.
Anyway back to the book. It was enjoyable and a little different from my regular genera than I am use to reading but so are the books about vampires and werewolves so I guess I'm branching out.
I would suggest this book to anyone who is looking for a relaxing easy read. Stephenie Meyer is a good story teller and it sucks you into her stories. Ever since I was little when I would read a book I enjoyed I would find myself narrating my life. "Michelle carefully maneuvered the stairs, yet despite her cautions she still found her self falling." "As Michelle went through out her busy day she caught her daughters eye and couldn't resist kissing her adorable cheeks." Does anyone else do that? I think it is kind of funny. Maybe I have a secret passion to narrate :)

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Brittney often thinks how much she loves michelle

Cindy said...

That is quite unique to narrate yourself! I actually just talk to myself. Both are signs of high intelligence, I've heard! :) I enjoyed THe Host, maybe more than the vampire books, but I didn't LOVE any of them. But I was happy that I finished it! It's a big book!

Hurtado Family said...

so jody de pouix was also having a hard time getting through this book. I will tell her to sally forth. miss you tons. wil