Friday, January 23, 2009

Confession....

I got a sewing machine from Collin for Christmas. I love it. A few weeks ago we had my sewing machine on the table, then we moved it to the sofa so we could eat. Then a very sleepy Collin accidentally knocked it over. Don't worry nothing broke and it was just fine. Anyway the next time I went to use my sewing machine I went to put in a new bobbin and I couldn't find the bobbin case as pictured on the left.
Both Collin and I tore the house apart looking for it. Collin kept insisting that it didn't come with one. (Oh... silly boy you know so little about sewing machines).
We never found it. So later on in the week when I wanted to make a quiet book for Delilah I went to Jo Anns to buy a new bobbin case. I brought it home and it didn't fit. ~~~UGH~~~ So once again I tore the house apart looking for it. The urge to make the quiet book left me and I didn't think about it again until today.
Collin and I went to Hancock to find another bobbin case that would fit. They told me I had to get one from the manufacturer **Wah - Wah**
Tonight I sat down with google and tried to find the bobbin case. I COULDN"T FIND IT!! So I turned in the manual to find a the manufactures code. It took me forever to find it because no where in the index was "bobbin case" listed. Want to know why?? Because my sewing machine doesn't use a stupid bobbin case. (Collin was right) So I had to admit to him that he was right. Now I just feel stupid because I have been putting off sewing projects and getting mad at Collin each time I thought about it. So . . . . Sorry Babe!! Thanks for dealing with me and my grump blaming attitude. Also my sewing machine now has a home so it will never have to hang out on our sofa and risk the wrath of a sleepy Collin.
After I got over my pride I HAD to make something. So I made a sewing kit organizer. My Grandma had given me one of these a long time ago and I have been wanting to make a bigger one so here it is.

It was a little tricky to get the ziplocks to not move while I was sewing,but I think it is worth it:)

2 comments:

Blake and Erica said...

What a good idea! I have never seen one of those before. Your sewin machine must be very high-tech if it doesn't even need a bobin holder!!!

Blake and Erica said...

Hey just a quick question what is Quiche?? Never heard of it? Sorry I feel alittle lost.