Monday, February 23, 2009

Beans Beans the magical fruit. . .

This is for Cindy. 
I used 1/2 a bag of dried beans in this recipe
and Cindy I TAG you for your favorite recipe. :)
If you are lazy or forgot like I did to soak your beans overnight you can do a "quick soak". This is when you put beans on the stove with 2inches of water above the beans and bring it to a boil. Then let it boil for 2 minutes. This was the first time I did the "quick soak" and it turned out just as good as if I had let them soak over night.
*NOTE: "ground" cumin seed.
I would say 2 Tablespoons of garlic
4 Tablespoons Onion
1 teaspoon cumin
When you add salt and butter taste again to see if you need any more of these. Sorry I don't measure.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks Michelle! Your end result looks yummy. I am debating if I should attempt it or not considering who my company is at the dinner table :)

Anna said...

i didn't know thats how you do it. i can do that. hmmmmm i wonder if i have the right stuff. :) thanks

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

Ok...my mouth is watering. Yum!