Sunday, February 15, 2009

High chair, Red box, Mexican food, and Dinosaurs

This is our first Valentines day after having Delilah, this is also our first Valentines day in graduate school. We decided we wouldn't do anything fancy or big for valentines day this year. Collin dosen't know the "rules" very well and doesn't take hints like he should so I told him. 
"Now even though we aren't doing anything for Valentines day I still am expecting a card or something little and homemade. "
"Good thing you told me, because I wasn't going to do anything."
Anyway so our Valentines day consisted of picking up Delilah a  much needed high chair, renting a movie from red box and coming home to have chicken tacos and the best beans I have ever made. At dinner I was given my card and thought I would share it with you.
Front
Inside.
Hope you all had a good V-Day.

9 comments:

Eve said...

Dinosaur drawings and mild swearing? It doesn't get more romantic than that.

Really adorable. Your night sounds like ours, I would rather snuggle with my honey watching a $1 movie than fight the crowds and find a babysitter.

Cindy said...

Really loved that card! And I like it when you share your recipes. So don't say you made awesome beans and then not tell us the recipe, please :)
Happy Valentines Day, Shaw family!

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

LOL. I love it, that's so awesome!

Max said...

Points, points and more points.
Looks like a heirloom card to me.

Anna said...

thats so funny and so sad all at once. :) I love that he and Lincoln draw their dinosaurs the same. :) I love the swearing part. :) You forgot to show us the card you got him.

graydonblair said...

10 points to Collin for the card!

RH said...

That is the FREAKIN' funniest thing that I have ever seen!

red said...

That's awesome collin. the first year we were in law school for Valentines day (okay maybe the second.) Daniel brought me home a box of nerds (the tiny ones) he got for free off some professors desk.--i sent him back out with $6 to get me some flowers from the people selling them on the corner :)
that's the coolest card I have ever seen!

Betsy said...

Aren't husbands so romantic? We are lucky girls to have landed such fine Shaw Men.