Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cake Balls

I have been wanting to make "cake balls" since I saw them on Bakerella's blog. I finally got the nerve to make them.....
So this is what cake balls should look like, these are hers.
These are mine. You can tell I think they are ugly because I didn't even clean up the table for a photo shoot. I was just like whatever here they are.

The chocolate didn't go on smooth at all. There must be a trick to it or something because I truly sucked at it.
This is one I tried without a stick. It looks like a truffle but it's cake inside.
I made like 30 or so of them and don't even want to look at them. They just started ticking me off after a while.
Like this. I didn't anticipate the stick going through the cake. Luckily I was just making these for fun and I will have to try try again until I get them right. :)

8 comments:

Collin Shaw said...

There is nothing better than white chocolate. Nobody cooks better than my wife.

Anna said...

thats awesome. I love it when stuff goes wrong. happens to me all the time. but i think they still look awesome

Cindy said...

Still, a cute idea! I'll have to try it someday for some happy occasion. Like a lollipop mini cupcake?
If my girls had been there, they would have gobbled them up and loved them Michelle!

grandma blair said...

Michelle, you are so awesome to try new things. I think the chocolate looks really good. Much better than I could have done. You are awesome!!

red said...

You're amazing. I keep making excuses for why I can't make dinner and you experiment with chocolate cake bally things. You're amazing. And they look great i would buy them if you were selling them :)

Matt Linder said...

I'd like to present some evidence. They taste even better than they look!! Thanks for the sample.

Suz said...

I have seen recipes for cake balls before and thought that they always sounded so good. I think yours still look yummy!

Angel said...

Don't try for a happy occasion! Won't end that way!!
My sis in law and I tried these, and we had the same results. We tried everything...no luck.