Saturday, March 7, 2009

School lunch Peanut Butter Bars

Cindy sent this Recipe out to everyone in our family and it's DELICIOUS.
I thought I would share it with you all.
Also. . . Anna and I both decided to make these on the same day. That is when she suggested that we compete :) So at the bottom you will see pictures of my PB fingers and then pictures of hers, and she would like an online vote of which ones look better?













School Lunch
Peanut Butter Fingers (Anna did a full recipe, I halved it)
1 Cup Soft Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Oatmeal

Mix all of the above ingredients and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes in a greased cookie sheet. Spread with peanut butter (this is above and beyond the 2/3 cup you already put in the dough) while it is still hot. After it cools frost with chocolate frosting. (See my recipe for chocolate frosting).
Chocolate Frosting
6 Tbsp. Butter
2 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/3 Cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
Mix ingredients together. Use 1/3 cup of Cocoa for light chocolate frosting or 3/4 cup Cocoa for dark frosting.
POLL CLOSED ANNA WON BY ONE VOTE

10 comments:

Anna said...

oh. make it sound like all my idea. sure. But too bad for you it is extremly oblivous that mine look more moist and edible. :) Plus I had Kenny along for the ride. He dumped all my ingredients for me. :)

Cindy said...

Those do look good! Maybe I'll have to make some tomorrow! We've had so much cake all week, that I wasn't tempted to make them yet. Both look yummy :) The Blairs sure have some competitive blood running through their veins!

Matt Linder said...

Sorry for speaking out of turn. I think both of these are hideous. The only way I'd know for sure is to sample them. Please let me know either when I can a. pick them up or or 2. send me some to verify.

mmmmm, peanut butter.

Michelle, I'm expecting some of these this week. :)

Trint and Misty said...

you're the DEVIL! Do you know those are my most favorite thing in the world....well aside from cookie dough. They look so good!

Anna said...

I think I gained my two pounds this week just in peanut butter bars. I even gave away huge platefuls to neighbors and friends. Still ate way to many, and I crave more. They were so good. Cindy, you need to make some and leave them all over your house for david. :)

Michelle said...

Same here Anna, Cindy I really think you should make David an extra peanut buttery batch. ;)

grandma blair said...

They both look extra delicious, so glad you are both such good cooks.

Mom B said...

You guys are amazing - I could not make those at all without gaining at least 2 or 3 lbs. But I agree - David needs to be force-fed some of those!

Matt Linder said...

Okay, votes are in, Michelle wins!! Thanks for the sample.

Angel said...

I think Michelle's look the best.