Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trying something new

So I have never gardened on my own before. I helped my mom growing up, but only really by watering and pulling weeds. Collin and I thought it would be fun to try to grow some vegetables on our porch in pots :) So I got ambitious and planted seeds in this cool seedling thing-a-ma-jig. It is our Salsa garden I planted cilantro, cherry tomatoes, small onions, jalapeno, and also some zucchini and crook neck squash (not to be included in the salsa). Hopefully in two weeks we will have seedlings that we can plant in some pots. Let's see if I can keep them alive. :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I like your photography skills. And your ambitious gardening skills too :)

Angel said...

That's so cool. I wanna do it.

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

I love it. Not only do I LOVE it, but I ADORE fresh homeade salsa. Nice work! Keep us updated on how that goes!

Blake and Erica said...

Thats a great idea, Blake has been wanting to do a garden but I have no idea how to do it right..... always had a garden growning up but never took notes on how to do it.