Friday, May 1, 2009

Bad Mom

So we went to the beach. It was a  super sunny day and we slathered Delilah up with sunblock wherever we went. We were doing good :) We stopped at the first beach where I got her really good, we only played there for a few minutes then we went to the second beach. where we striped her down and put sunblock all over her before putting her in her cute swimsuit. well with the second application I missed one spot... well two, under her eyes. I felt so bad. I kept trying to figure out how on earth I could have missed such a crucial spot. The only thing I figured out is I put the sunblock in the palms of my hands rubbed it around my hands then applied it to her face. I am guessing I used my fingertips for the sensitive under eye area, my fingertips which didn't have much sunblock on them :(. It is already gone and it didn't seem to bother her but I felt Sooooo bad. 

6 comments:

Eve said...

That is the worst feeling. I check Wren everytime we come home from the pool scared that the same thing could happen. It's so hard to get everywhere! I still force her in a sunhat because it makes me feel safer.

Delilah looks pretty happy here - I bet it goes away in a day or two.

VJBlair said...

It's too bad she got burned, but you did your best so don't kick yourself.

I doubt she even felt anything and if she did she was having too much fun to care.

Mary Lou said...

When Collin was 6 weeks old we went to Flaming Gorge and ran the river and camped. Wade let him sleep in the sun while I did the river. When we got home he had blisters on his cheeks and nose. Our parents were nice enough not to say anything. Don't worry she'll be fine.

Anna said...

she's adorable no matter what. :)

red said...

oooh I'm sorry. Sometimes you just try your very best and that's all you can do. I'm sure you gave it lots and lots of kisses better. It probably looks worse than it is because she's so white :) I'm glad you got to go to the beach and I bet she looked SOOOO in her swimming suit!! Ghetto booty suit :)

grandma blair said...

I know we never had sunblock when you were little. The closet thing to it was coopertone tanning lotion.
You all had a lot of blisters. She is more sensitive because of the red hair. You are an amazing mom and she knows you love her tons. Besides, she looks good with a little color