Monday, May 4, 2009

Broccoli and Cheese quick omlets



5 whole eggs
5 egg whites
spray oil
~1/4 cup parmesan cheese
~1/4 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
~4 cups broccoli






I found this recipe here
Preheat oven to 350°. 
Steam broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.When broccoli is cooked, mash or cut into smaller pieces.Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli evenly into tins.Beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full. Top with grated cheddar and bake in the oven until cooked, about 20-25 minutes. 
Serve immediately.
W
rap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.
*** Now if you are a weight watchers dieter (which I'm not but should be), if you use reduced fat cheese these babies are only 2pts!!!
*** And I didn't do the math but I am guessing these babies are also low in carbs.
Love you all and have a happy breakfast.

5 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Michelle that looks wonderful. I'm going to try them sometime. It looks like Delilah loves them too. Thanks for sharing.

Trint and Misty said...

HOLY CRAP! Did you know broccoli and cheese are two of my favorite things. I think I can eat this! WOO WOOO <<~~~~HAPPY DANCE

red said...

That's such a good idea. I love seeing new food on your posts. I be Michael would even eat this if I told him it was a cupcake :) You definitely need your own cooking show!!

Anna said...

i'm making this tomorrow morning. well alright, maybe friday. um, i want to use spinich and cilantro hmmmmm
love it though

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

Yummo!