Tuesday, June 2, 2009

new summer do

So each summer I have a choice cut off all my hair or pull it up, I have opted to pull it up. Basically this is how my hair will look for the rest of the summer. The braid keeps my bangs out of my eyes while swimming (something we are doing pretty much every day) and the tucked pony tail keeps the massive amounts of thick humidity drenched hair off my neck, which is very important, because it is in those moments of frustration and stickiness that I grab the closest scissors and start chopping with out much care. The most variation my hair will get this summer is if I pull my bangs up with a pin, or get daring and let the pony tale dangle. I hate humidity! Mainly this post is to let everyone know I'm not lazy, just hot. :) I hope you enjoy your summer, because I am sure this won't be the last time I complain about the heat.

5 comments:

red said...

That's the trendiest hairstyle right now. Jennifer Anniston had it at the Oscars and now it's very popular. You're not lazy you're super trendy :)

grandma blair said...

I'm lovin your hair, I think it is neat that you can pull it up and have it look so trendy. I have an appointment to get mine cut this week so I will be ready for the humidity. (I don't think I have a clue what I am in for though) Just really excited to come and see you guys. (Turn up the air conditioning!!!)

Lauren and Carter said...

I have been doing my hair like that too...only I take it to the next (lazy) level and only twist it instead of braiding. (Mostly I haven't quite yet mastered the braiding thing yet...it doesn't look good after I spend a lot more time doing it. haha.) But it's a cute style and, true, works great for swimming, heat, and ease. Nice.

Mary Lou said...

Humidity is definitely hard to get used to. Good job just dealing with it. You look great!!

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

Super cute! Can we trade hair color? Just for a week or two?