Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The anniversary day. . .

Our anniversaries have slowly gotten less couples massage and $100+ dinners and more cheap dinner and movie at home. We decided to spend the evening as a family and Delilah was invited on our Anniversary date. We were going to try out a new pizza place, it was closed down. Collin suggested an Indian restaurant that he had been to over a year ago. We pulled up to it and it was a lot more ghetto than he had remembered.
So we went to Yo Burrito. It was good but the entire time I felt guilty because as I was eating my Santa Fe burrito I was thinking of a California burrito. As we were finishing up I looked down and there was a wire in my burrito, nice huh? I didn't eat it and it was obviously an accident, Collin and I weren't even going to say anything but then I started getting nervous that someone else might get it and eat it, and thought maybe we could get a discount, so I pointed it out. Our 30 dollar meal went to 12 dollars with big apologies :)

Then we went to Sandy's for some ice cream, came home and watched a Christmasy movie and called it a night.

An anniversary is about spending time together and reconnecting right? Well check and double check. I'm sure one day we will go back to getting massages and fancy dinners but we might have to wait until Delilah is in college.

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I'm proud of you two. Michelle you've been a trooper and Collin you've worked hard. You both have. The next five years will be even more exciting. We love you guys!!

Anna said...

boop you look amazing! cute pictures, hope you found something better to eat.

Brittney said...

MIchelle you look gorgeous!

red said...

You look really pretty Michelle. Anniversaries were frustrating in D.C. because we could never find a non-ghetto place to eat that we could afford. I'm glad you guys had fun. And one day when you can afford the expensive dinners and massages you'll just wish you were with D anyway :)