Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3.8 week 2

This week I have learned a few things.

1. Rain ruins working out outside. (at least for me)
2. I hate treadmills.
3. I like company.

This week it rained for a few days so I didn't go to the walk way but I did go to they gym at our apartment complex. I get so bored on treadmills and I don't feel like I go as fast on them as I do when I'm outside or as long. When I would work out at Golds and 24 hour fitness I had TV's and people watching that kept me entertained long enough to do my workout. This gym is pretty small and boring but I am thankful I have it.
I'm even more thankful for Taylor. My wonderful friend who lives across the street. She called me on Monday and asked if I wanted to go to the gym with her.
Um... Yes
We have gone every day now and hope to continue going. We both find it easier to have another person up there with us and it makes the hour go a lot faster. Especially today when we dissected biggest loser for most of the time. I totally can't believe Bob yelled that loud at the red lady, and doesn't Michaels hair drive you CRAZY?!
I didn't time myself this week but I did work out for 40 - 60 minutes each time. Now that I have someone to work out with up at the gym I don't know how often I will get to the walk way, but I will keep posting once a week so I have something to hold myself accountable to.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Trust me, I'm way thankful to have you too! By the way, "Where can I get these ice packs?"

"Well you have a Walgreens by you don't you?"

Ha, like we're idiots.

Mary Lou said...

Good job Michelle - keep it up!

red said...

YAY!!! If you have to go by yourself try doing it in front of a mirror with a perfectly timed workout mix. (human, somebody told me, play that funky music etc. they make you run to the beat.) I used to pretend like I was running away from all my problems and then I would watch myself do punches in the mirror etc. Like I was a tae bo expert or something. (there was never anyone else there.) And sometimes I did fall down...just sometimes.