Monday, January 11, 2010

Bruschetta

Last week I watched Julie and Julia twice while Collin was gone. I love Julia Child I have for a few years now, ever since I watched a documentary on her life. So of course I loved this movie, but that's not what this post is about. In Julie and Julia there is a scene where they are eating Bruschetta and it looked so good I HAD to make it. Here's what I did.
TOPPING:

GARLIC BREAD:
If you noticed the mis-spelling so did I, but was too lazy to fix it.
Also I like my bread toasted but still soft.
How to dice basil and garlic:

All in all this was delicious! I ate it alone but it is usually served as an appetizer.

7 comments:

Max said...

That looks pretty good Michelle, I have never used a real piece of garlic before. I loved the way you diced the basil, I never would have thought of that. You really need to write a cook book.

Max said...

that was mom, not dad

Cindy said...

That is so funny. Dave and I went and saw that movie when it was in theaters, and that week I think I made bruschetta 3 times. They made it look so good! And when I made it myself, it was supergood! I used cream cheese though, and sometimes added grilled chicken. I also like how you rolled up the basil, cool idea.

red said...

Wow you're really amazing. I really liked that movie a lot. It made me think about you and how you would probably do a WAY better job than Julie :)

Michelle said...

Cindy it's all I've been thinking about since I watched it. Collin suggested putting chicken in ours. I should try it.
But how did you use cream cheese? Did you spread it on the toast?

Dave said...

After I grilled it in the olive oil and butter, then we'd spread on the cream cheese and we had fresh tomatoes from our garden then. You're making me want some again :)
this is Cindy

Brandon and Kassidi Bridge said...

Wow, my mouth is seriously watering.