Saturday, January 16, 2010

Afternoon date

We have two sweet sweet friends that recently offered to baby sit for Collin and I so we could go on a date. We haven't' been on a date alone since July (as documented here). I would like to tell you we spent it being romantic talking and re connecting but really we went and nerded it up with all the other nerds at Avatar in 3D.
I've never been to a 3D movie before and it was pretty cool, distracting but cool.
It was nice to spend some time together with out Delilah. As Collin and I were walking into the theater we were holding hands, at which time, we both realized we hadn't held hands in a long time because we are usually holding a littler hand, a stickier one. I am sure we all know how much I love her, but it's nice to have a break.
Thanks Ben and Taylor!!

4 comments:

Lauren and Carter said...

good for you. I'm happy you could get the chance to do that. What did you think of Avatar? I still have mixed feelings on it...but I'm definitely glad I saw it. Also, it's really not nerdy to go see that- everyone's doing it. :)

grandma blair said...

So glad you got to go out. It is kind of fun to be alone without your child, isn't it.

red said...

Isn't it funny how much a baby changes your relationship? I'm glad you guys got a date. Romantic stuff is highly overrated...fun is a lot better :)

Cindy said...

That's neat you found some good babysitters :) We seldom get real dates either. We ended up taking our kiddos to the restaurant with us last night, and it's just not that relaxing or romantic :) But we do get extra attention from other customers by having 4 cute little girls with us. Especially Mayz in her red cowgirl boots stomping all the peanut shells is entertaining.