Friday, February 26, 2010

We made it home!!

If you have called, texted or emailed me and I haven't got back to you, I'm sorry, I'm not ignoring you I'm ignoring everyone. I mentioned I got sick .. . . a lot when I was in Utah. I left sick, with a head cold. The airplane didn't help my situation and since I have been home I have been sicker than ever. My ear won't un pop, I am super congested, and I got body aches. I'm not exactly sure where my immune system went but I would like it back. I can't remember the last time I got this sick repeatedly.
This is D when we landed. She fell asleep 5 minutes before we landed.
I will admit it was one of our better flying experiences but I will have to credit that to the toddler strap that we bought, best money we ever spent. It connects Delilah's car seat to my roller carry-on, it helps carry three things (D, car seat, and roller carry on) in one!! I didn't know how I would do it, but Delilah loved rolling around in her car seat in the airport, and loved sitting in it in the plane. This was her first time having her own seat and it made ALL the difference.
this picture was a cell pic I sent collin to show him how well it worked. Can you guess what D just ate?
I know that both Collin and I had a romantic vision of our reunion, it had been 10 days since we had seen each other, and we hadn't seen each other much while we were in UT. Unfortunately that's not exactly what happened. I came downstairs to the crowded baggage claim sick, with a sleeping child to find Collin being a sweetheart and already grabbing my bags. (we were the last ones off the plane) We kissed then went to the car where I fell asleep reclined so I could hold D's hand to calm her down while we took the hour and a half ride home. Since then Collin has been Mr. Dad& Mr. nurse while I have been sleeping more than I can ever remember, taking different drugs like clock work (that don't seem to work) and trying everything Google suggests to unpop my right ear (none of which have worked). If it keeps up I am going to need to go to the doctor.
But this post wasn't meant to be me whining, it was meant to say we made it safely home, and sorry if I'm not replying to your calls and texts. Another reason why I might not be replying to your calls is that today I picked up my phone and it wouldn't turn on, and it just happened to be next to some eye drops. I opened it up to find the inside slightly wet. Sometimes that girl is a little too smart for her own good. We will see if I can revive it again. Wish me luck, and I promise as soon as I start feeling better you will see Soooo many adorable pics of Delilah in Utah on her blog.


2 comments:

VJBlair said...

That is such a neat idea. That would make things much easier. Hope you feel better soon.

red said...

Undo everything on your phone and lay it all out. If my crappy phone can survive being washed in the dishwasher I'm sure yours can survive eye drops. I hope you feel better soon. You might have an ear infection which is making everything worse. Get some rest!