Monday, March 22, 2010

3.8 / coming back

Well I don't know if anyone has noticed but I haven't posted my weekly fitness updates lately. I haven't worked out in a while, well a true work out anyway. After I had been on antibiotics the first round I attempted to go to the gym and almost threw up, so that was fun and kept me out of the gym a little longer than it should have. Then Collin went out of town blah blah blah [enter huge list of excuses here].
On the plus side when I was sick I lost 11 pounds and as of this morning I have kept them all off which I think is crazy, you know, since I lost them in 8 days and the previous 17 took me months. Those 11 pounds marked a important milestone in my weight loss story. I am now at pre-pregnancy weight. I gained about 20 pounds during my pregnancy, then lost 10 of that before coming to South Carolina. In SC I gained about 18 pounds of "nursing/postpartum/wanting to taste all things southern" weight. So as of this morning I have lost 28 pounds.
Unfortunately I have the 33 pounds that I gained the year it took me to get pregnant with Delilah. Stupid drugs. . . but not really because they gave me D and she's worth it. Anyway here I go.

5 comments:

Jody and Alex said...

This is giving me motivation to lose a lot of extra pounds i am carrying around! I feel your pain about putting on the weight while trying to get pregnant, those drugs did it to me too. Way to go on the 28, that's awesome!

Mary Lou said...

Wow, Michelle, that's awesome. Keep at it!

Eve said...

I am really impressed you only gained 20 pounds with Delilah. I gained a whopping 43 with Wren - yeah, I still have a few of those left even though I got rid of Van's. You inspire me!

Cindy said...

28! That's great Michelle! I guess that is the only bright side of being sick, it can help you lose weight?

red said...

YAY! You look awesome. Sorry you lost it being sick, but whatever! I only got back down close to pre-pregnancy weight because i was so sick after my surgery. Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise. I'm glad you think it was worth it :) Keep it up you rule!