Monday, March 15, 2010

may no doll go undiapered

Delilah has become a little mother in the last few weeks. She always has at least one doll in her arms or pushing them around in a stroller. She went to a friends house the other day and they had diapers for their babies so Delilah came home trying to put her diapers (size BIG) on her babies (size XS).
So google to the rescue, I found this tutorial for doll diapers. I changed it up a little by putting a strip of Velcro across the front so the diapers would fit different sizes of dolls. I also used all my wonderful scrap fabric. I think they turned out so cute, I haven't been this proud of a project in a while.


8 comments:

red said...

You need to sell this stuff. That way you can have "I can go shopping whenever I dang well please" money. that's really really cute!

Cindy said...

Super, super cute Michelle. You might need to make a white one so Delilah will agree it's a "diaper".
They look like those expensive eco-friendly diapers you can buy online.

Lauren and Carter said...

Um hello, yes, that is adorable! And I love that Delilah is being a little mom. She'll be such a good older sister. :)

Anna said...

can you say etsy.....i think you should....everyone wants them. I know i do. Super adorable.

Eve said...

Yours are way cute! I especially love the denim one. And I agree - I could see a whole "little mommy" etsy shop - diapers, little bibs, slings, diaper bags. How cute would that be?!

grandma blair said...

You are so awesome, i am really impressed at how you come up with your own patterns. Those diapers look so cute.

Mary Lou said...

Good Job!! I'm impressed with your sense of inventiveness !! The diapers definitely have possibilities.

Sherry Poppins said...

just found your site. Yes, sell them on Etsy. I just emailed my mom to please make me some for my dd. Thanks for the great idea. Love the velcro across the front to fit all size dolls!