Friday, March 12, 2010

St. patty cookies (updated with recipe link)

yet another cake mix cookie. I used a french vanilla cake mix with green food coloring and mint flavored icing in the middle.
Perfect for a play date.
Hey team sorry I left off the link to the recipe. I used the standard cake mix cookie and frosting recipe. But instead of vanilla in the frosting I added 1/2 a teaspoon of mint flavoring. Mint is strong, I added 1 full teaspoon and I felt that my frosting tasted more like toothpaste than frosting so I had to double it to dilute the flavoring. I hope you enjoy!!

6 comments:

Anna said...

hi. recipe please. I know I know. But I would like to know your recipe, and how you do it.
Very cute, did it taste good with the mint?

Le said...

Yes, I need a recipe please. I've made cake mix cookies before but I usually do something different every time.

Lauren and Carter said...

By the way - I did end up making the cake mix cookies for work, and everyone loved them. I like the idea of mint frosting though!

red said...

Okay did you take those pictures? those are AMAZING!! And the cookies look very very yummy and possible to make. Yes yes frosting recipe please.

Cindy said...

Those look cool, kind of like martians would eat them or something :)

red said...

Yours looked WAY better than mine. But mine were pretty darn tasty! I couldn't even finish a whole one. When you use butter in the cookies AND the frosting it makes them pretty rich!