Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fresh Salsa

In honor of Memorial day and the unofficial start of summer here is a quick recipe for fresh salsa. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Feel free to half this.
Also feel free to use fresh tomatoes if you got them but these are just as tasty and so fast. Sometimes in the summer when I have a lot of tomatoes on hand I will do half fresh and half canned, rarely do I use all fresh but I'm lazy like that.
mix the garlic, salt, and lemon juice into the salsa mix.
After the salsa has sat for a while it tends to get a little on the juicy side so I strain it. This is a big slotted spoon for straining pasta, I press it into the salsa then get a cup and scoop up the juice. If it's extra juicy I just dump it into a strainer.

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I just made that salsa yesterday. It must mean summer to make fresh salsa. I don't do lemon juice though, I think I'll try it!

red said...

SO worth the heartburn!!!

Blake and Erica said...

oh man, that looks so good!! its 9 in the morning and I think i might have salsa for breakfast:) I sure missed seeing you in Primary on Sunday. Hope u guys are settled in ok!