Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stamped Necklace Tutorial

My sweet niece turned 3 recently and I wanted to make her a special present. Her name is too long to put on a stamped plate so I put her nickname. A nick name I have always loved MayMay. A nickname that just happens to be Delilah's Chinese name, it means beautiful. Since I was making her a necklace I thought I would show you how I did it so you can make one for yourself if you wanted to.
This is my cutting board and even with the card board I still dented it. I would suggest cement or another metal that won't dent or something that you don't care if it dents.











3 comments:

Cindy said...

Well I may be biased, but I think it turned out adorable! Thank you so much for thinking of her and it even got there in time for her to open with her other presents at Grandma's house :) It will be a cute keepsake for her. She loves girly stuff! And I loved the flip-flop too :) (Maymay is obsessed with them.) That is cute her and Delilah both have a mae-mae nickname.

red said...

Love it. you're so cute. Like I said Mom still talks about hers :)

Max said...

I love my necklace that you made me. I love it so much that I made about 28 for my advisory kids, theirs were bracelets and key chains, but I stamped them just like you did, I needed the tutorial about two weeks ago though, I did a few things that didn't work. You are amazing.
love ya Mom