Friday, August 6, 2010

Book Review

These is my words
by Nancy E. Turner
This is the book I read this week. Two of my friends (Tobey and Ann) recommended it to me with in days of each other. It was after I stated that I like books that are in letter or journal form. This book is the fictional diary of Sarah Prine. A girl who lives in the Arizona territory. I am grateful the recommended it because they were right I did love it. It reminded me of Angela's Ashes because the narrator is to naive to understand what is going on and comes up with conclusions of their own, when you know exactly what's up. I think that always adds a fun element.
I wish I could fill this review with spoilers because I want to talk about it now. I will however say that this book makes me feel a little lazy and ungrateful for modern luxuries. They traveled in covered wagons, fought mountain men and Indians, dealt with diseases and the loss of loved ones, would build their own homes, had to use outhouses and would then kill a wild turkey for lunch . . . um I don't like to even look at uncooked meat. There is a little bit of everything in this book, including romance. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

~Diana~ said...

I loved the book too. You need to read the next two books in the series. They are even better!

Angel said...

LoL! I might just have to pick this one up!