Monday, August 2, 2010

It's the little things..

We got a new can opener recently. Our old one was at the point that there would be more swearing going on then can opening when we would use it. There was a kitchen store in our mall and as soon as I saw it I shoved Collin in it. I started to look for one that was oxo or kitchen aid brand, hoping I could just rely on the brand name to get me a trusty can opener. Collin saw this one picked it up and said it's heavy so it must be a good one. I wasn't in the mood to keep looking or argue that the brand was questionable, so we took it.
I used it for the first time today to open a #10 can and it was like a warm knife through butter. I'm in love.

I will however point out that it doesn't take much for me to be happy when it comes to the kitchen. A new set of wooden spoons or rubber spatula's will put me in a good mood for a few days.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I forgot what brand it is but I think it's hamilton beach. It was about 12 dollars.

Lauren and Carter said...

Oh the curse of can openers. We are on our second one and it needs to be replaced. :) Yay for new kitchen things!

Eve said...

I love the part about more swearing going on than can opening. Pretty much you are me, but in Michigan.

grandma blair said...

Nice can opener, I really like that it is all silver. I love new can openers that really work.

VJBlair said...

I just had to replace my can opener, but I am a Walmart person...so I found the most expensive one they had at $7(Farberware) and it NEVER really worked. I finally bought one for $3 (Sunbeam) and I love it. what a difference. You have a great-looking can opener.

Blake and Erica said...

Us moms get excited about the little things...I remember getting so excited about my girls going #1 and #2 in the POTTY!!! just u wait you will know what I am talking about soon enough :) Keep Smiling girl...Miss U!!

red said...

Glad it will make things easier for you. I am scared to death of the electric openers...a lot. Have you ever tried one? They're freaky. I LOVE new kitchen stuff. I bought new tupperware a HUGE splurge for me. Every time I don't have to search for ten minutes for a container I feel so happy.