Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Google

I admit I love google. I love gmail, gchat, gvideo, gvoice, I love picasa (owned by google), I love blogger (owned by google), I love their search engine, I love I can use google with just a simple text message*, and I love all the other stuff they do that I don't even know about.
The other day Collin and I were emailing back and forth through out the day like we do everyday. I never pay much attention to the adds on the side of my email but my screen froze so I glanced at them. Look how freaking good google is! These adds showed up when I had our email chain opened. How did they know I was 1. female 2. married 3. I'm talking to my husband. and, 4. curious if he was a two timing husband, but didn't want him to know I was snooping on him if I was wrong. Okay just kidding on that last one but, Wow Google you are pretty smart... a little too smart.

*If you have never googled via text you are missing out. It cost the same as a text message and most the time you get the info you need. Say you are looking for a restaurant in the body of the message type what you are looking for or the name of the restaurant then your zip code.
For example;
"Mexican Restaurant 48307"
"tattoo removal 48307"
"John Doe 48307"
"dairy queen 48307"
"OB-GYN 48307"
"hospital 48307"
Then send the message to "GOOGLE" or "466453". With in seconds you will get a reply to your phone via text from google giving you the address and phone number of the closest location to that zip code. We use it ALL the time!!

3 comments:

Jody and Alex said...

How have I never known about this! Thanks for sharing, I think I will be using this a lot!

Anna said...

google is amazing. :) But I'm over the texting google thing. Now I just call and talk to them. :) 800-466-4411 Tell them your city and state and the listing and they connect you. :)

Anna said...

or if you say text me the info they will. then i don't have to text and drive. :)