Thursday, September 9, 2010

Laundry tip

I love bleach, LOVE BLEACH!! If you are familiar with clorox clean up then you probably already know how easily it bleaches stuff you don't want bleached. Because of this I stopped using it until one day I thought... "why am I not using this on my whites?" So I started using it to spot treat my whites and it worked better than anything else I've ever used.
One day Delilah had ruined one of her white shirts that had a color screen print on it. I thought "May as well give it a shot what can it hurt?" And guess what it bleached the shirt but didn't even touch the screen print leaving the shirt looking like new. I now look for these kind of shirts knowing she can smear them with whatever she finds and I'm still safe to bleach them. Even the iron on shirts I make are bleach safe, I love it.
I am in no way trying claim to be one of those amazing laundry people, in fact I currently have a load of dishtowels (so happy it was just dishtowels) that all have melted green crayon all over them from the dryer. I just thought since this is one of my favorite laundry products and being that it's a little unconventional I thought I would share it with you.

Here is an example. This shirt was covered in chocolate milk, and had been sitting in my laundry room for 3 days. I don't know about you but chocolate milk/ice cream/ pudding is the worst and I can never get it out. I covered this in clorox bleach and tossed it in the washer with the other whites. It took two runs but I eventually got all the stains out.

3 comments:

red said...

holy crap that's amazing. They have these bleach pen/laundry stick kind of things. they do the same thing, but if you already have a bottle of clorox clean up that's awesome. I have discovered that pre-treating (this doesn't always work with chocolate) with laundry soap will get a ton of stuff out. not always on whites though. Thank you for sharing.

Suz said...

I am a big fan of the bleach pens- but this is a great alternative, especially if you have a large area to cover!

grandma blair said...

That is pretty amazing, I too have stopped using it because I have many shirts and pants with white bleach stains on them. Great idea to use as a stain remover.