Friday, September 24, 2010

Santa Fe Chicken

Santa Fe chicken quesadilla.
I got this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs Gina's skinny recipe's. Every recipe I have used on that blog has been DELICIOUS!! This is a variation of her Santa Fe chicken recipe. This is totally gallbladder friendly if you leave out the onions and use reduced fat cheese.

In a crock pot add:
1 cup frozen corn (I eyeball it and probably add more like 1 1/2 cups)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can drained and rinsed black beans
1 can reduced fat chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped white onion (I can't have onions right now so I added dried minced onions probably 2 tablespoons, it was okay but I did miss them)
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic (that's if you are using fresh, less if using garlic powder)
a little Cayenne taste
Salt to taste
Frozen chicken breast
On top of all that deliciousness just throw that frozen chicken breast on top, I was surprised how nicely it cooks up. Cook on low for the day.
Before you serve it take the chicken out, shred it, and put it back in.


It's hard to take pictures of quesadilla's especially when you just want to eat them, it's also hard to spell quesadilla.
Originally we would eat this over white rice with a little cheese on top, which I think is better than it sounds. I LOVED it. Collin has got a little burnt out on it because we have it often (Do you blame, me look how easy it is). So recently we have made it into quesadillas or burritos with a little cheese. AMAZING!! This is one I insist you try.

1 comment:

Anna said...

hey, we make that quesidilla all the time. :) so good. :)