Friday, November 5, 2010

Mormon Ads

The lack of blogging has been to prevent me from complaining. I've just been moody and full of complaints this week.
A few months ago I went to a Relief Society activity where we all wrote down a burden that we had and were willing to let someone help us with. (I couldn't think of anything I was willing to let anyone help me with, which I think is probably a problem of mine, I don't like help. I eventually wrote down how to make the perfect tortilla. Every time I make them they are to thick for my liking, I think I just need to buy a tortilla press.) The burden I chose to help with was to plan a Mutual activity for the beehives. I figured I've done that before, I can do that, and as a leader I would have loved for someone to step in just one week and take over for me.
So last night I went to mutual, I got put in primary pretty fast once we moved into the ward so I really don't know any of the youth. The beehives were adorable. When I told them we were going to be making our own mormon ads they were so excited and one girl said "This is such a good idea, this will be so fun". In SC when I was the beehive advisor I always left mutual feeling like my activities were super lame and the girls were too cool for them. These girls were so enthusiastic and so fun it took my complaining mood away.
For the activity I brought a basket full of props, showed them the mormon ads and told them to try to come up with their own. These are what they came up with, I took the pictures home and photoshoped them so they looked more like traditional mormon ads and will print out little wallet pictures for the girls to have.
I have always felt uncomfortable putting pictures of other peoples children on my blog so I blured out their faces.

This last one is my favorite. I was lucky to find a picture so perfect for her pose.
Oh and a lot of people asked how I made our Halloween shirts. I used freezer paper as a stencil then painted the shirt with fabric paint. I am planning on using the same method to make baby brother a tux onesie so when I get around to that I'll do a tutorial :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

That is such a fun idea. My girls would have loved that activity too. I liked your pregnant t-shirt too. Very cute. A pregnant friend of mine had one just like it, but I don't think she made it herself like you did :)

grandma blair said...

What a great activity, the girls will cherish those adds because they are in them and so are their friends. Once again, you are amazing.

Bbells said...

i am so jealous of you

grandma blair said...

Michelle,
you should send these into the New Era. They really are good