Sunday, March 13, 2011

Doing better..

Thanks everyone for your kind words sometimes a girl just needs to vent. Delilah did much better the rest of the week. I got out of the house and even did a little retail therapy and got my hair cut. Today was mine and James first day back to church. I kept James in the sling so no one would touch him. There were a few people who didn't even know I was holding a baby and looked surprised when he would make a noise. It makes me wonder what what look they thought I was trying to pull off. James was dressed adorably today in a cords and a polo shirt. When I came home I was going to get a picture of him in his outfit ... but he crapped all over it on the way home. Apparently I can't get away from poop.
The last time I cut my hair was over a year ago when I donated it. I took the pictures from last year hoping to get the same hair cut. Eh....we'll see how it looks when it's grown an inch or so, it's pretty short. In my hair dresser's defense my hair is pretty difficult to cut and has a mind of it's own. It is always about an inch and a half shorter when it's dry compared to when it's wet, and to make it worse one side shrinks up more than the other. (note in the picture one side is shorter than the other one) She kept apologizing for it being so short when she was styling it. It's partially my fault, I knew all of this about my hair but didn't tell her, and went in with flat ironed hair. At one point she had me flat iron it and kept saying "Wow, your hair is a challenge. I'm impressed you can get it so straight".

7 comments:

Lauren and Carter said...

Try another stylist. :) I can honestly say it took me years to find one I liked. Not that that's comforting, but the point is keep looking. haha. And the comment about what look you were trying to pull off with a sling made me laugh. :)

Anna said...

I like it. and i love that your hair is shorter than mine right now. i think it's been at least ten or 15 years since that has happened. :)

grandma blair said...

love the hair, you are growing up and I don't like that at all. But I guess if you have two kids now it is ok to grow up

Eve said...

I think the cut is cute, too. And since you go so long between cuts, it's probably okay to start out a smidge shorter than you want. ;)

red said...

I think it looks cute very cute. Just like your kids!!! It looks a lot the same as the last time it's just curled under. Doesn't it feel so refreshing to chop it all off? Good luck. Is it still curly? I have been wearing mine curly a lot more than i thought I would. I took your picture in to copy and it ended up looking nothing like it, but it's usually pulled back or crazy all over the place anyway :)

Angel said...

I like it! It's edgy. You can totally pull that off!

Mary Lou said...

Fabulous hair Michelle. You look great. It looks easy and very pulled together.