Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hi...

I've been distracted lately. You know with the new baby, the removal of the gallbladder, my parents in town. I've been wanting to blog lately I really have. A few days ago I decided I had some time and was going to do a marathon of posts but come to find out blogger is having issues. Not with everyone just a select few of us. Google is aware of the problem and working on it, so I probably won't be blogging as much until it gets fixed.

But when it does get fixed know that I'm in the mood to cook. After going 10 months of not wanting to cook at all. I was worried I would never have the desire to cook much again, but the desire came back and I'm ready to go. I recently bought Now Eat This! I'm super excited to start using it and learn some delicious tricks for cutting calories. I'll make sure to share what I find (only if it's still delicious though).

I did some sewing last night and realized I'm not quite up for that yet so don't expect much craftiness out of me. I just made a baby, that should be enough craftiness for a while right. Speaking of which here's a cute picture of him.
Yah his dad could grow facial hair at a young age too.
As far as goals, I skipped February basically because it was over before I realized it had started. So maybe my goal for February was just to survive it. As for March I'm going to try really really hard to not eat after nine at night. But those who have nursed before know that I might just be setting myself up for failure. I woke up in the middle of the night the other night to a growling stomach... cool. Okay, now that I've typed that up maybe it isn't the smartest goal. I'll come up with something better and save that for when my body isn't so hungry.
Another random thing I've been thinking about is the word kids. The first person to say it to me, in regards to my children, was Collin. He was in the ER and I walked into his room and the first thing out of his mouth was "where are the kids?" (James was hiding in the sling). I wasn't quite use to the fact that I was a mom and now I'm the mother of kids. When did that happen? I swear I'm still 20. Seriously when does it sink in?

7 comments:

Lauren and Carter said...

I can't wait to see the recipes! Honestly. I was just talking tonight about the need to find new, healthy, (hopefully easy, you know me) meals. But really I think you've been busy enough. :) Also, kids. That is weird to think about. And welcome back, we missed you. :)

Lauren and Carter said...

Carter is making me type this:
This is a formal request for more videos of Delilah playing.

red said...

When both of them start getting out of bed when they're supposed to be asleep that's when it sinks in. and I know you have a ton of energy but don't get disappointed if things just don't work out. It's hard when you have to stop every hour to feed your baby and keep the big kid from getting into stuff etc. You're amazing, I'm glad you got your energy back. You're amazing and always do incredibly amazing stuff, make sure you're not too hard on yourself though, producing an insanely cute family and getting surery and having your husband get hurt are all very big things, but isn't it nice to have some energy back and a desire to do more than just sleep :) Miss you guys. I'm just barely starting to be able to accomplish small things, take your time.

Eve said...

I think you could just modify your goal to just fruit/ veggies after nine. A banana is pretty satisfying when you're starving and it's a good test of true hunger for me. ;)

That said, I think survival would be a perfectly acceptable goal for at least another month!

Suz said...

I totally know what you mean about the kid(s) comment! Rand will say something like: "I'll stay home with the boyS" and it will totally it me that I have TWO boys- not just one anymore. Somehow it makes me feel more like a mom.:)
Good luck with the next month. I agree with everyone else- take it easy! Definitely eat after 9 if you are hungry! It takes A LOT out of you when you are nursing a baby round the clock.

Mary Lou said...

It made me stop and think for a moment when I asked Collin one day on the phone how your kids were doing. What? I'm asking one of my kids how his kids are! It surprised me for a moment too. Good luck with cooking - I'm glad you're feeling better. You guys have had a rough couple of months.

~GINGER~ said...

I KNOW, RIGHT?! I feel like I'm maybe 24 but I've got 3 kids, a minivan, a house, and a 31 year old husband. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! I don't FEEL like I could be pushing 30. It's so frightening!

As for an alternate goal, we're currently working on eating more veggies and less meat to be better in accordance with the Word of Wisdom. I so hope you post some good recipes!