Sunday, April 3, 2011

Picking a double stroller...

I'm so sick of looking at double strollers. Delilah loves being in a stroller so I think a double stroller will be a good investment. I've now narrowed it down to 4 choices but am having a very difficult time deciding between the four. They each have their pros and cons so I am welcoming your input. Here are the 4 I've narrowed it down to. (Our last stroller was a baby trend and we liked it that's why most of these are baby trend)
Baby trend Sit N Stand Double Baby Stroller $160

Pros

Cons

· I can have both kids strapped in.

· The back seat can be removed to make a shelf seat for D so she can get off and on at her will.

· Fits James’ car seat

· Car seat can be placed in the front or back seat

· Cup holders for kids and me

· Storage basket is under the kid’s feet.

· The back seat can be removed to make a shelf seat for D so she can get off and on at her will.

· Difficult to maneuver because it’s so long.

·

Description:

· Rear platform and bench accommodate a child at least 2-1/2 years old and not over 40" in height or 45 lbs. in weight

· This Sit N Stand Double baby stroller allows children to sit or stand

· Rear seat can be removed for standing

· Child trays can be converted to hold two Baby Trend infant car seats

· Easy-fold design

· Large storage basket

· Two folding shade canopies

· Parent organizer with two cupholders and covered compartment

· Two child trays with cupholders

· 5-point safety harnesses

· Foot-activated rear brake

· Folds compact for easy storage

· Weight 38.72 pounds

· (L x W x H): 49.0 x 21.5 x 43.0


Baby trend Double Baby Jogging Stroller $170

Pros

Cons

· I like side by sides

· Easily maneuverable

· Easily goes over bumps and cracks

· Parent tray

· Big storage basket

· Is difficult to fit through doors because of how wide it is

· Does not fit a car seat

· Mesh cup holders

· No tray in front of kids

Description:

· For children up to 50 lbs. and up to 42" tall

· Extra-wide, open wheel base for exceptional stability

· Remote release on handle for locking or unlocking the front swivel wheel for jogging or strolling

· Quick-release 12 " front and 16" rear wheel system with inflatable tires

· Large storage basket with rear access

· Convenient parent tray includes two cupholders and covered compartment storage

· Adjustable canopy with sun visor blocks sun and wind

· Multi-position, reclining, padded seats

· Fully adjustable 5-point safety harnesses and tether strap

· Reflectors provide greater low-light visibility

· Baby jogging stroller has lightweight steel frame construction, easy trigger fold

· Weight 40 pounds

· (L x W x H): 46.0 x 31.5 x 42.0



Baby trend Navigator Double Baby Jogging Stroller $206

Pros

Cons

· I like side by sides

· Easily maneuverable

· Easily goes over bumps and cracks

· Parent tray

· Big storage basket

· Has kid tray with drink holders

· Fits a car seat

· Is difficult to fit through doors because of how wide it is

· heavy

Description:

· Stroller is designed for two children, each child up to 50 lbs or 42" tall

· Accommodates 2 Baby Trend infant car seats

· This Navigator Double Jogger Stroller features front wheels that swivel and lock

· Quick-release, all-terrain bicycle tires

· Covered parent-organizer with 2 cup holders

· 2 trays with cup holders

· 5-point safety harness

· 2 ratcheting canopies

· Multi-position, reclining seat

· MP3 plug-in and weatherproof speakers

· Large storage basket

· Weight 51 pounds

· (L x W x H): 46" x 32.5" x 43"


Baby Jogger City Micro Double Stroller $199


Pros

Cons

· I like side by sides

· Easily maneuverable

· Narrow for a side by side

· Trendy

· light

· Does not fit a car seat

· Mesh cup holders

· No tray in front of kids

· No parent tray

Description:

· Patented Quick-Fold technology.

· Seatbacks has two-position recline.

· Seat back storage compartment.

· Adjustable 5-point safety harness.

· Under seat storage basket.

· 6" front and 8" rear lightweight quick-release wheels with sealed ball bearings.

· Rear parking brake.

· Two-position sun canopies with peek-a-boo flap.

· Includes accessory mounting bracket for Baby Jogger City series accessories.

· 100 lb. maximum weight capacity (50 lbs. each seat).

· Stroller weight: 26 lbs.

· Stroller size: 34" L x 29" W x 41" H.

· Folded Size: 30" x 29" x 9".


As a side note:
I want one that will fit a car seat, although he won't be in a car seat for long. Then I think we have an insert we can put in the stroller so he will fit more snuggly until he can fit on his own.. but I kinda want the bar in front of the seats, but I'm sure I can live with out it, but the one with the bar the bar can be removed... I guess I don't really know what I want yet.
any input??

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I have the first jogger you posted. I have loved it despite the tight squeeze through some doors. Because Andrea hated her infant car seat with a passion it never bothered me that it couldn't fit a car seat, I just propped her up with extra blankets and she fit just fine. Turns on a dime, I love the swivel wheel that locks in place while I jog, and I love how easy it is to pack up. It is tricky to fit in the car, though, that is my only complaint.

~GINGER~ said...

The first one, with the seats one behind the other. Definitely! Mine was almost exactly like that and I highly prefer it!! I can take it to the mall, have both kids contained, and still get in and out of stores. It is difficult to navigate between racks of things, but much easier than the side-by-side. I like being able to put the car seat in it. I like that it's convertible so that the stroller grows with the kids (taking the back seat out for the sit-n-stand) so it's usefulness lasts longer. I just LOVE that one!!!

Cindy said...

I would probably vote for a #3, especially if you are planning to use it for exercise. We use our long one like the #1 when we are going places more narrow and at Disneyland though, where we were just walking.

Lauren and Carter said...

Not knowing anything about anything, I also like option #1. But I am interested to know why you prefer side by sides.

Le said...

It so depends on what you are using it for. I have a side by side that is not a jogger so it folds smaller into the car but it is a pain going through doors with it and crowded places. I bought it though when I had to have 2 children strapped in. If your wanting to exercise with it though a side by side jogger would be the choice.
If you are wanting to go in places with it I would do something like number one (or go straight to a sit-n-stand). D may like strollers today but that is about to change.
Wow, long opinion

Suz said...

we have a sit and stand and it's fun to have the option of sitting for the older kid- but I will say that thing is HARD to turn with a 40 lb kid on the back. But if you are mostly going straight or are on flat ground it is good. I do love that it is skinny- and it fits better in my trunk than my single graco stroller. I like the one you posted that has the removable seat- that is cool.

~GINGER~ said...

You know, I remember back when it was "Jon & Kate plus 8" and they said that they had the stadium seating strollers AND the side-by-sides using both when it was needed. If they were going some place like the zoo where everyone would want to see, they used the side-by-side strollers. If they were going to the mall or someplace with doors, they'd use the stadium seating strollers. A double takes up extra space, but that's just how it is. Think about where you go and what you do.

Also, another option that might be cheaper: Keep the one stroller you've got and get a Moby/Sleepy Wrap or a Ring Sling for the baby! I love mine! They run $25-$50 instead of $150+!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for all the input guys I went with the city micro, I'm in heaven.

Ginger I wear James in a sling all the time and tried the sling/stroller combo and didn't like it. I kept hitting him against the stroller. I guess I'm not as coordinated.