Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easter cookies

We are going over to a friends house for dinner tomorrow and were asked to bring a dessert, what a perfect excuse to make these adorable cookies. I can't take credit for the idea I've seen them all over the blog world lately I just wanted to show you how freaking adorable they are!!
I've been using the same No Bake Cookie recipe for a while but tonight I was out of corn syrup so I had to find one that didn't call for it. It ended up being better than the other one I have been using (although the corn syrup one works great in dry climates).

No Bake Cookies
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • Waxed paper

Directions

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.


7 comments:

Anna said...

well now i have to make these too! so cute!!!

Cindy said...

I have made those before too! Super cute and easy. I think I put speckled jelly beans for the eggs, but cadbury eggs would be even yummier.

Ann said...

Oh my goodness, so adorable! I'm making these next weekend!

Eve said...

I hadn't seen those yet - so cute. And nice pictures!

Mary Lou said...

Those look yummy - I'll have to give them a try too.

Michelle said...

The store was out of cadbury mini eggs so these are resses eggs, still delicious. Also I had to send all the leftovers to work with Collin... apparently I have no will power.

grandma blair said...

love the Easter cookies. They look awesome.