Saturday, November 5, 2011

Amazing cupcakes... AMAZING

At a church function I happened upon a life changing cupcake. At first I thought it was just a normal cupcake... whatever, but when I bit into it I was surprised that such an amazing cupcake would be at a church function. I mean it was next to chocolate chip cookies and lemon bars. Everything on the table was well out of it's league.... well it had my mint chocolate brownies to keep it company but seriously AMAZING cupcakes. They were so good I felt like I needed to Email the maker of these cupcakes and tell her how amazing they were. And guess what. She gave me the recipe, and guess what else... I'm going to share it with you. Oh ... and guess one more thing, there is a freaking Reeses Peanut Butter Cup inside them!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? AMAZING!!


Cake:
1 devil's food cake mix
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
Mix them all together as you would a normal cake. Put a little bit of batter in each cupcake paper. 

Then put in a regular size Reese's cup. I kind of push a little on the pb cup and swirl it around so the bottom of the cupcake liner has an even layer of cake batter, but just a little layer. 
Then top with more cake batter.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. I had to bake mine for 20, if they are under cooked they will collapse so test with a toothpick. Although the collapsed cupcakes are just as good as the regular ones.... not that any of mine collapsed. ;)
 This will make 24 cupcakes.



 Frosting:
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp. milk or cream 
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine the butter and peanut butter together in a large bowl, mix until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, milk or cream, and  vanilla. Start mixing these slow and gradually increase the speed. This recipe will generously frost 12 cupcakes.

**OPTION: since I have had success with this recipe I decided to give it a try with a Red Velvet cake mix and vanilla pudding instead of chocolate. It was just as AMAZING! I don't think I will ever make a cake from scratch again!!

6 comments:

~GINGER~ said...

Thanks! I may just make this recipe, since I've got a bag (or so) of PBcups sitting around the house and all! ;)

Regina said...

This sounds so yummy! What did you put inside the red velvet cupcakes?

cz said...

was the reciepe from Miriam??

Michelle said...

I didn't put anything in the red velvet cupcakes, but did top them with a good helping of cream cheese frosting.
Oh and CZ I got it from Ashley.

Cindy said...

Anna made a cake version of this tonight at the family party. Pretty darn good! Especially for the peanut butter lovers :)

red said...

Holy CRAP a WHOLE reeses PB cup? That sounds fantastic.