Monday, November 7, 2011

Frozen soup


I love soup. 
Whenever I make soup I usually double it so I can have it for lunch the rest of the week. This pasta fagioli is currently my favorite (we add a little sausage). I made a HUGE batch recently, but didn't want a huge thing of soup in the fridge for a few weeks. I know soup freezes well but I didn't want to have to thaw a huge amount when I just wanted a cup full to go with my lunch. 
Enter my muffin tin. Yep I just poured the soup in the muffin tin, let it freeze. Then popped the frozen soup out and put them into a gallon freezer bag. It has been so nice to have homemade soup in about 2 minutes. If I want a full meal out of it I use three portions, just a cup, one portion.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

so smart.

Lauren and Carter said...

do you use silicone muffin tins or do regular kind work? I've heard of this, but I thought you had to have the silicone ones. So...I haven't tried it. :) Love the idea though!

Anna said...

um...yes please.

Michelle said...

lauren,
I used my silicone tray because it is bigger, but I have used my regular muffin tin before. After they are frozen you just dunk the bottom of the pan into some hot water to loosen the frozen soup then turn the pan upside down and the soup pops out.

Le said...

I need that recipe.

grandma blair said...

Whose daughter are you? You never learned anything like that from home. You are amazing. What a great idea