Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Well I found another excuse to make cupcakes. My sweet friend is 38 weeks pregnant, come on what pregnant woman doesn't need cupcakes? Especially ones topped with cream cheese frosting?

Red Velvet Cupcakes
1Red Velvet cake mix
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
Mix them all together as you would a normal cake mix.

Bake for 18-22 minutes.


Oh and one more thing about my friend, her little baby is breech. This morning she was going in to have a procedure where they attempt to flip the baby, which to me sounds painful, that's the real reason why I made her cupcakes. These are what her cupcakes looked like.
See the little baby sticking out... head down... get it... head down? 

Collin told me it was a little weird, but I thought it was cute. 
Oh and guess what I received a text this morning saying that when she went in to have the baby flipped, he had already flipped on his own!! My cupcakes worked!! 

4 comments:

Eve said...

Those are some beautiful looking cupcakes. And I love the head down baby topper. Sometimes I get very angry that you don't live in CA.

red said...

such a good idea using pudding. My red velvet cupcakes are never sweet enough, because the cream cheese frosting i make isn't as sweet as reagular frosting. Totally going to make these. Maybe you could open a new maternity cupcake shop. I would totally fake pregnancy just go get some Michelle cupcakes! :)

Lauren and Carter said...

that upside-down baby is one of the most hilarious things I've seen. How awesome it worked! :)

Regina said...

Way funny. You are such an awesome person with great ideas. We miss you in Utah.