Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Routines {UPDATED}

Having two kids has thrown me for a loop. It's been ten months and I feel like at most times I'm still in survival mode, and my house shows it. I kept trying to get into a good cleaning routine but when you have to stop cleaning because someone is crying, we have to run out the door, or someone needs a hug it seems like my house is always just trashed. At the end of the day when the kids were in bed I would clean up but just the surface. Then one night I went to put the kids in the tub but realized it was so grimy I had to clean it before I put them in it and I couldn't remember the last time I had scrubbed my tub. So I did what I always do when I need a solution, I googled it, "cleaning schedules" to be exact. All the cleaning schedules I found were pretty descriptive and included things like "clean out the garage" or "yard work"  two things I currently don't have to worry about (although I would LOVE both), so I decided to make my own. 

I laminated it and put it on my fridge. I haven't had it for over a month yet, but so far I think it is helping. 

Another thing I wanted to do was to try to help Delilah get into a routine. I didn't really want a chore chart for her just a reminder chart really. I have seen a few adorable charts floating around but none of them met our needs, so here is what I came up with for us. 

I printed these out framed them and showed them to D, she loved them. She loves checking off the circles ... we'll see how long it lasts.


Blanks: You should be able to click on these to enlarge them then right click and save image as. 

6 comments:

Caroline said...

That is fantastic! How did you make the reminder charts for D?

Anna said...

So jealous. I need to do this!!! Hope it lasts!!

Eve said...

Those are so cute. I bet D loves hers! I know my kids would.

Michelle said...

I made them in photoshop.. it took longer than I would like to admit and I'm pretty sure I spent the most time picking the pictures. :)

red said...

Wow. You are so freaking amazing. And I'm stealing those. Did you put them on Dry erase boards? So cool. When I grow up I hope I'm more like you :)

~GINGER~ said...

Um, is there any way you can make these so that when I click I can edit them for our family's needs? I love them and I really want to use yours as a base (it's cute and I like it). Any possibility??